The W640 pH/ORP on-line process controller is designed for a broad range of industrial, commercial, and municipal water treatment applications. The W640 Walchem controller is easily configured to accurately measure pH or mV (ORP) values from Walchem’s WEL and WDS differential combination electrodes, or any conventional combination electrode.
A versatile output configuration allows you to program up to six outputs in a variety of control modes. Select from on/off mechanical relays or pulse proportional control for direct connection to metering pumps. The easy-to-use menu and pre-wired, pre-mounted panel system options make set-up and installation quick and simple.
- Large touch screen and icon-based programming providing easier navigation
- Sensor value chart on the screen and output state control
- Six programmable outputs
- Simultaneous data recording
- Access to data through an Internet platform
- Ethernet option for remote login via the Internet or LANs
SUMMARY OF KEY BENEFITS
Versatility for a broad range of applications
- Select from pH or Eh measurements and six output options. Use in-range to control a solenoid valve used to dump a batch treatment tank when the measurement value is within limits, or program an out-of-range alarm for waste treatment applications when the measurement value is too high/low.
Ideal controller for harsh environments
- The NEMA 4X enclosure, combined with the Walchem WEL and WDS electrodes, provides a waterproof system with no BNC connectors exposed to wet or corrosive environments.
Built-in safety features
- Programmable output limit timers prevent runaway chemical addition. Digital interlock input may be used from a flow switch or level input to prevent chemical addition based on a stagnant sample, or control an empty batch tank.
Simple, integrated data collection
- The conductivity, pH/ORP and disinfection controller records data simultaneously. With the Ethernet option, these data are remotely accessible on a web-based platform or through the LAN. The recorded data and event logs show the pH/ORP and temperature values, as well as the accumulated chemical feed and relay activation times.
Cost-reducing dual input
- Dual pH or ORP electrode inputs allow one controller to take the place of two, reducing cost and space requirements, as well as making installation easier.