2" Guardian : Air & Vacuum Relief Air Vent
- Maximum operating pressure:Ensures maximum protection of the irrigation system with proper sizing and placement.
- Hydrodynamic float design ensures vent closure as water fills the system, remains open when air pressure reaches 10 psi (other vents close quickly when air pressure reaches 3 psi).
- Large capacity vents dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking or bursting.
- Made of corrosion-resistant fiberglass with reinforced UV protected nylon - no metal parts to rust or corrode, no need for spare parts.
- Guardian Air Vent with Shrader Valve is ideal for measuring local line pressure.
2" Guardian Air and Vacuum Relief Air Vents
- Commonly used downstream of valves, primarily at manifolds, to release large amounts of air when the system is charging and to break vacuum caused by system draining.
- On sloping terrain to prevent collapsing of pipes caused by vacuum when pipe networks drain.
Maximum operating pressure:
- 2" and 3" Guardian: 150 psi 230 psi
Stages of Operation
Guardian Air and Vacuum Relief Air Vents
- Releases large quantities of air through an opening equal to a large size standard vent. As water enters, the float rises and forces the vent to close.
- During normal flow, while the line is under pressure, the vent remains closed.
- As the line empties, or during a drop in pressure, the float drops down and opens the vent. Air is admitted, breaking the vacuum created by the withdrawing water and prevents the collapse of pipelines and suction of soil into dripperlines.