2" Combination : Air Release / Vacuum Guard and Continuous Acting Air Vent
- Ensures maximum protection of the irrigation system with proper sizing and placement.
- Hydrodynamic float design ensures vent closure as water fills the system, remains open when air pressure reaches 10 psi (other vents close quickly when air pressure reaches 3 psi).
- Large capacity vents dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking or bursting.
- Unique patented rolling seal feature allows gradual opening, closing and self-cleaning - available on 1" and 2" Combination and 1" Automatic..
- Made of corrosion-resistant fiberglass with reinforced UV protected nylon - no metal parts to rust or corrode, no need for spare parts.
2" Combination Air Release/Vacuum Guard and Continuous Acting Air Vent
- Releases air at pump priming and maintains the prime by not allowing air intake in long and/or undulating suction lines to pump stations.
- Releases entrapped air while ensuring continuous prime at centrifugal pumps.
- Builds up siphons with air release, maintains the siphon by continuously releasing air and not allowing air intake.
Maximum operating pressure:
- 2" Polypropylene Combination: 150 psi
Stages of Operation
Combination Air/Vacuum Relief and Continuous Acting Air Vents
- During start-up, the vent releases large volumes of air.
- As the system builds pressure, the body fills with water, forcing the float upwards and closing the vent.
- While the system is pressurized, the "automatic" function continuously expels accumulated air.
- At shutdown, the vent’s large opening allows air back into the system preventing the pipe and accessories from collapsing, and preventing suction of mud and debris.